Tuesday, 15 May 2012

Loch Ness Monster

Loch Ness Monster Urquhart Castle

After a recent conversation with a book publisher I realised that there were a few gaps in my coverage of various Cryptids and that it would be handy to have more stuff available as stock illos. Therefore I’ve decided that whenever I get a break between paying jobs to work my way through the list and to right that wrong (Uh oh - massive Carry on up the Khyber flashback).

First up is the Loch Ness Monster. I’d forgotten that I’d got a collection of plesiosaur models and not really done anything with them up until now. In the end I settled on the Styxosaurus as the others all look at bit ‘glove-puppety’. As I was suddenly free of any art direction I decided to make it pretty inoffensive (no blood) in a vague hope that this might make it more marketable. I probably spent far too long looking at pictures of ducks bottoms during the making of this. Enjoy.

PS.  have just signed up with DeviantART (really annoying name) as an experiment while I try to organise a new website host.  Here's the link for what it's worth.

No comments: