Monday, 21 May 2012

Latest Cryptid illo: Yeti


Yeti Abominable Snowman Nepal Tibet


Here's my latest cryptid illo to plug some of those unsightly gaps in my folio, the Yeti.  I've been meaning to do one of these for ages but never got around to it.  In the end I had too many elements to fit into one painting so I am also working on a landscape, double page spread, version with 1950's mountaineers.  However I'll come back to that at a later date. I went a bit snowblind painting this and want to try something new next. 

Update:  Wasn't joking about the snowblindness.  After a restorative G+T I suddenly noticed a couple of things that were really annoying me in the composition, so went back and repainted it.  The new and improved version has now also been uploaded to the print area of my DeviantART pages.  I doubt anyone has even noticed.

No comments: